16 October 2009

Thing #9 - RSS Feeds

This was tough. But at the same time, it was interesting. It was tough because there were so many temptations. It was difficult to remember my objective. I posted earlier about my experience with Bloglines.

Sindic8 didn't really work too well for me. There was too much peripheral information relating to the status of the feeds, I guess. And, the first topic I used as a search term brought several audio feeds when I wasn't really interested in audio.

I had used Technorati before and had some good results with it.

I had a problem with clicking on the Bloglines icon to subscribe to two different feeds. Both times Bloglines would load, but the feed's URL didn't load. I had better success using a "Sub with Bloglines" button that I'd added to my browser.

I'm still working on learning to use Internet Explorer to subscribe to feeds. At least now I have a "Feeds" button!

No comments:

Post a Comment