21 April 2009

RSS Feeds

Today I completed Things #7 & #8. Actually, Thing #7 was accomplished by my previous post about trying to use technology on my trip to Europe. So, I dove into Thing #8 -- learning to subscribe to RSS Feeds.

I had actually already set up an account on Bloglines many months ago. I think Mike Meisenheimer had suggested it. Today I subscribed to several more feeds, bringing the total to 27.

I haven't visited my Bloglines account very often. Maybe the reason is that I tend to want to save all of the posts rather than just read them, and I am already saving much of the same thing through email. I think that I will use it more now, though, since I've added a feed for comments on my blog and a feed for posts to my daughter's blog. It really will save me some time in checking to see if she has posted anything new.

I subscribe to several of the TCCL email lists about what to read, and I added some of those so I'll be getting them two ways. I'll need to get rid of one or the other, or else I'll be wasting the time I saved, reading the same thing twice.

I think TCCL has the right idea about using RSS to push information to our customers through RSS feeds. Now I need to find out where else we provide feeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment