21 October 2009

Finishing Thing #9

Today I actually subscribed to a blog using the Feeds function of Internet Explorer. I was curious about how it would work from the viewpoint of a blog, also, so I chose my own GenealogyClassBlog as my test.

I had not enabled any kind of RSS feed on my blog, which is based on WordPress. Apparently that isn't necessary, because when I entered the URL of my blog, www.desktopgenerations.com/blog, and when the page had loaded I saw that the new Feeds icon in the toolbar of my browser was orange. When I checked, I found that my blog's name was listed so I clicked and the feed loaded in my browser window, showing the 10 most recent posts. I clicked a link to subscribe to the feed, so now I'm subscribed from my work blog to my personal blog -- pretty cool. Of course, I'll already know when there are new postings, but now that I'm subscribed, I may even be able to experiment with other functionality from one blog to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment